Premier People are currently assisting our client, a leading contractor servicing various mines across WA, with their requirement for Mechanical Fitters. Candidates must be available to work between the 9th and the 16th of September. Key responsibilities include:
- Bearing fitment and general mechanical inspections
- General fitting, turning and milling
- Pulley and gearbox change out and alignment
- Chute and plate maintenance
- Precise fit out of pulleys, rollers, gearboxes, pumps and valves
- Assembly of mining equipment and associated components
- Inspection, analysis and recording of critical mechanical information during the process of mechanical refurbishment work
- Conform to and promote OHS and Safe Working Practices
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Candidates must be prepared to complete a pre-employment medical check and a drugs and alcohol test. Successful applicants must have rights to work in Australia and hold the following:
- Australian Trade Certificate/Recognition
- Valid WA Driver’s License
- Working at Heights (RIIWHS204D)
- Working in Confined Spaces (RIIWHS202D)
- Gas Testing Atmospheres (MSAPHOS217A)
- Respiratory Fit Test
- Willing to work in TA roles if and when required
- Previous experience working within the mining industry
- High Risk Work License
- White Card
Benefits and Perks
Premier People’s Shutdown division supplies skilled and experienced trades and skilled labour to mine sites across WA. Our core crew of 75+ individuals mobilise to BHPIO, FMG, Roy Hill and Rio Tinto sites to carry out many areas of maintenance.
- Work for leading contractors in the industry
- Fly In / Fly Out from Perth, WA
- Up to 12-hour days
- Above market pay rates
- Additional ongoing work available
Premier People are a leading recruitment specialist, supplying quality, skilled and experienced blue-collar workers to our clients within various industries in the WA market including mining and shutdowns, warehousing, transport, logistics and construction.
By establishing solid, trusting relationships, and a reputation amongst our clients for supplying quality, reliable and hardworking individuals, Premier People have built a strong presence and network across WA.
To apply, click the button below. Alternatively, you may call Andres on (08) 6115 6969 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[maxbutton id="1" url="https://premierpeople.typeform.com/to/sjySlo?jobname=Mechanical-Fitter"]