Premier People are currently assisting our client, a leading contractor, servicing various mines across WA, with their requirement for Belt Splicers to work on Roy Hill sites.
- FIFO from Perth
- Excellent pay rate
- Ongoing shutdown work
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform hot and cold splicing/repairs - working with both fabric and steel chord belts
- Operate winders, winches, fox drives, pinch drives, turn stations and vulcanisers
- Prepare new and old belts. Using knifes for hooking skiving and cutting. Application of glues and adhesives
- Working closely with crane crews to install and remove vulcanisers and presses
- Maintenance and installation of belts on stackers, reclaimers, yard belts, over landers sample belts and belt feeders
- Installing and removing belt clamps
- Using chains and rigging equipment
- Conform to and promote OHS and Safe Working Practices
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Candidates must be prepared to complete a pre-employment medical check and a drugs and alcohol test. Successful applicants must have rights to work in Australia and hold the following:
- Valid WA Driver’s License
- Previous belt splicing experience
- Working at Heights (RIIWHS204D)
- Working in Confined Spaces (RIIWHS202D)
- High Risk Work License
- Willing to work in TA roles if and when required
- Gas Testing Atmospheres (MSAPHOS217A)
Benefits and Perks
Premier People’s Shutdown division supplies skilled and experienced trades and skilled labour to mine sites across WA. Our core crew of 75+ individuals mobilise to BHPIO, FMG, Roy Hill and Rio Tinto sites to carry out many areas of maintenance.
- Work for leading contractors in the industry
- Fly In / Fly Out from Perth, WA
- Up to 12-hour days
- Above market pay rates
- Additional ongoing work available
Premier People are a leading recruitment specialist, supplying quality, skilled and experienced blue-collar workers to our clients within various industries in the WA market including mining and shutdowns, warehousing, transport, logistics and construction.
By establishing solid, trusting relationships, and a reputation amongst our clients for supplying quality, reliable and hardworking individuals, Premier People have built a strong presence and network across WA.